98 days to sell a property in Gauteng. That’s the national average to sell a property in Gauteng (98 days or 14 weeks) according to P24.
What affects the 98 days to sell a property in Gauteng?
- Price brackets – the higher the price the longer it may take to sell a property.
- The location of a property especially in areas where there is a high demand for property will ensure a faster sale.
- A realistic and market-related asking price will help to sell a property quickly.
Does the demand for a suburb impact the time to sell?
Simply, if you currently live in a suburb where there is a high demand for homes then the time to sell may well be a little shorter than the national average, but not always. If there is a general lack of interest in the area in which you are selling from buyers, then this will affect the time to sell.
Time to sell by area
According to P24 and Remax, l estate brands in Gauteng the average turnaround time for properties in specific areas is a little different, see below:
- Johannesburg South, Alberton, and Germiston are between 4 and 8 weeks.
- Properties over the R2million mark can take as long as 109 days (15 weeks and 4 days).
- Properties priced between R1.7million and R1,999 can be much quicker to sell 39 days (5 weeks and 4 days).
A 14-week process
Nowadays, selling a property can take a little more time. 14 weeks to be exact. You may be lucky and find yourself in a suburb where the interest and demand from potential buyers are high. In other words, where the location is good and the asking price is set correctly, the time to sell can be much lower.
Either way, it’s clear that selling your home is impacted primarily by the asking price. If the asking price is right, your property is in a good location and the demand is high, the worst-case scenario it seems is roughly 14 weeks.
Further considerations impacting the sale of a property
- Have you partnered with a seasoned estate agent?
- Are you working within a mandate that will have your agent fully engaged, fully motivated and totally invested in the sale of your property?
- Is your asking price correct and is it market-related?
If you can honestly answer one or all the above points with a confident yes then bear with the process. Rest assured, it will take a little more time and it could take as long as 14 weeks but you will sell your property.
How can we help?
- Selling your property and need to connect with seasoned estate agents?
- When you submit your details online, you get calls from up to 3 of the top real estate brands in your suburb.
- Get these calls from these estate agents in minutes. Click here to see why 3 agents is the way to go.
- Get more than 1 free property valuation from up to 3 agents.
- Also, partner with the right agent for the right reasons.
- Finally, you get to choose the terms that suit you (commission, etc).
Our absolute mission in life is to connect serious residential sellers with prominent estate agents. We are here to help you sell your home quickly and for the best price. Click here and let us connect you to top agents now.
This article is a general information sheet and should not be used or relied on as legal or other professional advice. No liability can be accepted for any errors or omissions nor for any loss or damage arising from reliance upon any information herein. Always contact your legal adviser for specific and detailed advice. Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE)