Selling your home and need to start the process by getting a free property valuation? This will set the ball in motion so you can sell your home and quickly too.
What are the big steps to consider when selling your home?
If you need up to 3 free property valuations when you sell your home then here are the big steps that will get you going:
- Step 1 is getting a property valuation and we can help you get 3, free property valuations.
- Then step 2 is connecting with more than 1 agent and deciding who to partner with for success.
- Followed by step 3 is getting the asking price right.
- Step 4 is carefully considering the type of mandate that you want.
- And, finally, step 5 is to sign the mandate and get going with the sale of your home.
Today we cover all this and more.
What will these free property valuations show you?
- Aerial photograph.
- The estimated high of your valuation (this is the top of the range).
- The estimated low of your valuation (this is the bottom of the range).
- The current municipal value and the year of this valuation and the estimated monthly rates value.
- All the comparable and recent sales in the neighborhood.
- Suburb trends are provided showing the median pricing and also the number of transfers and the values of these transfers.
- The transfer history of your property is also provided.
- All the local amenities in your local area and suburb are included in this report.
Let’s find you the best agent(s) to sell your home
We think that what makes us special is that we get agents to call you. And, not just any agent. We get 3 of the top real estate brands and their agents in your suburb to contact you. That’s right, you don’t have to spend the better part of a morning phoning around to get an agent to come and see you. Agents will call you and most of your first calls will come through in a few minutes.
What are the benefits of getting up to 3 free property valuations
Get up to 3 free valuations when you sell your property. That’s 3 of the most prominent agents who will call you within minutes. Your agent is experienced and will have a good track record for recent homes sold in your suburb. We have written an article about what the benefits are of working with prominent agents. We have also published articles about how to partner for success with the right agent.
Well, when you get more than 1 agent to come and see you, you will get 3 property valuations. Although the content of the report will not change much, the agent you choose to partner with will soon become evident.
Partnering with a seasoned estate agent will:
- Indicate what price your property will fetch.
- Discuss a market-related price for your property.
- Tell you more about the market you find yourself in, which we believe is a buyer’s market. A buyer’s market simply means there are more properties on the market than there are buyers.
- Give you an indication of how long on average it will take to sell your property from start to end.
- Tell you what commission structures are. Although the commission is not the be-all and end-all of life, it is possible to save some money on the commission that you save which is generally around 4.5% – 5.5%.
- Outline to you the value of considering the route of a sole mandate.
Why is the asking price so important?
It’s the most important decision you will make when you decide to sell your home. Remember you are competing with all the other homes that are on the market in your suburb. If you set a fair and market related asking price, you will sell your home and you will sell it quickly. Remember that 3 free property valuations will be a good indication of what your property will fetch when it sells. Trust the report and if you set the right asking price, you will sell for the right price and quickly too.
What about the mandate?
Every agent that you speak to or end up meeting will want to know what mandate you are keen on pursuing. Some agents will only work with a sole mandate. Some estate agents may be open to an open mandate. Either way, we cover, in more detail the difference between the two mandates in a recently published article called “The mandate and its merits”.
Before you call in the cavalry ask yourself if your home is in tip-top shape?
This is the most time-consuming process of all and often the most underestimated one for the real value that can be added. When your home looks at its best, it will sell. The sense that a potential buyer gets of “just being able to move in and fix nothing” is quite appealing to some people.
Why are we promoting the benefits of home staging?
We have had a close look at a granular level at many of the suburbs that we cover and noticed:
- More single women buy properties than single males or young couples.
- The folk who are selling are generally part of an older demographic.
- But, what’s very easy to spot is who is buying properties? And, it’s definitely the younger demographic. The younger folks are snapping up properties all over the country from the ages of 18 – 34 years of age.
This is important because if your home and your décor could be looking a little dated. Why not read through some of our articles (general benefits of home staging, kitchens sell, bathrooms impress, an inviting TV room and luxurious master bedrooms) that will actually give you permission to shop. Yes, you have a license to shop. Why? Because it is less expensive to stage your home than it is to drop your asking price. And, home staging has been known to help sell a property quicker and for a better price.
Not selling your home and need a property valuation
The quickest, easiest and most convenient way to get a property valuation if you are NOT selling your home is to get one online. There are loads of different suppliers that supply property owners with reliable and reputable property valuations for around R100. Got to www.lightstone.co.za or www.property24.com.
Sell your home fast and for the right price?
Well, all you need to do to save yourself some time and money and a few headaches along the way is to submit your details once. We honestly have some of the leading real estate brands and their agents standing by waiting to help you get started. And it all starts with the valuation of your property. Let us connect you to 3 of the best. It will take minutes and we are already in your area because you are reading this article.
All the best with the sale of your home, and let’s get you started. Get up to 3 free property valuations when you sell your home. And please consider a realistic asking price that is market-related otherwise you will end up like so many properties that have sat on the market for months.